Saturday, September 23

Slight redesign

I did a little futzing with the blog's design - it should be easier to read now, and prettier! Let me know if it looks weird on your browser or if you think it's ugly/too blue.

I dyed some roving today! I don't think I felted it, but I guess I won't know until I try to draft it. I also spun up some of the "mangoes" BFL. It stayed a little overspun even after I set the twist, but that doesn't bother me too much. Here's a shot of my predrafted strips of roving - I lovingly call them "dreampuffs":

dreampuffs

And just so you know: while I have gone to the dark side (Ms. Jacqueline!), I am and probably always will be a knitter first. Spinning is shaping up to be great on its own, but my goal is to be able to knit with what I spin.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!