Saturday, November 11

Lady Eleanor... in action!

Lady Eleanor

Pattern: Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style (duh!)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, color #234 - 10 balls used
Needles: Denise circulars, size 8
Started: Not sure! Probably about a year ago (gasp!) since I ordered the yarn on 10/26/05.
Finished: November 3rd
Measurements: 61" x 20"
Modifications: Yarn substitution, cast on 9 triangles (instead of 7), only 4 rows of knotting for the fringe.

Ah, complete! I can't believe it took me a year to finish this. I worked on her in three big spurts. Luckily, it's a very easy project to pick up at random - once you get a decent grasp of the pattern and how it works, there's no row numbers to worry about. I never got tired of knitting her, and I found the entrelac very satisfying. It goes fast, and with the Noro it's fun to see the colors change.

Here's how I'll probably look all winter:

How I'll probably look all winter

She's the perfect size, I think. Wide enough to cover my ears and nose, but it's not too too bulky wrapped around my neck. Happy with the length, too :) I don't have any yarn left over, and had juuuust enough for the fringe. My fringe is a little imperfect. There was no way I was going to get it all lined up evenly, so I just did it quickly and, well, it's fringe! Whatever. I love it.

Lady E on the grass

It may look like I'm posing here, but....

It may look like I'm posing...

I'm frantically picking leaves out of the fringe. Leaves!

Leaves!

Yeah. Don't put your handknits on the grass.

Back to the details. I wasn't always happy with the way the colors were lining up - too much saturation in one area, too much boring taupe in another. My least favorite color in the bunch is the blue, it's the least muted and pushed the whole thing towards the garish side. So sometimes I would cut out a whole blue section and save it for later (or for the fringe). Also, just like Jessica did (ps - welcome Fig and Plum readers!), I left off the crochet edging and didn't block her.

I'm glad that this pattern has gotten popular. It's great. Everyone should knit it, or at least a smaller entrelac scarflette. No two Eleanors look alike!

pre-photoshoot
Yeah, I'm way too much of a goofball for such an elegant knit!