Monday, May 28

MA Sheep and Wool, baby!

It was a blast! Thanks mostly to my three awesome companions, Cirilia, Val, and Huelo. The trip to Cummington was so easy, and the weather was gorgeous. We did a preliminary run through of the fair, ate some food (it was a veggie burger, damnit, a VEGGIE burger!), but oh, the animals!




Big bunny

More adorable pictures here, in my Massachusetts Sheep and Wool flickr set, or here in Cirilia's.

It was a very Webs-filled day - we saw Steve and Kathy leaving just as we were pulling in; Sara was there to teach workshops; and we saw Dena standing a safe distance away from the angora bunnies. We also ran into Melissa and Megan, and had a blogging standoff:

bloggers blogging bloggers

Here's my haul for the day:

My haul

Clockwise from the top: Romney and Wool/Mohair blends from Fantom Farms; Merino/silk from Spunky Eclectic; Camel/Tussah silk from Foxfire; a skein of Bunny Blend from Acker's Acres Angoras. Whoo! Not too bad, right?

Oh, and there's this.

Oh. Right.

Yep, that's a fleece. A 10.5 pound, unskirted Romney fleece from one of Consolati Farm's favorite sheep, Edsal.

Edsal's fleece

I'm in trouble, aren't I? Any advice will be ridiculously welcomed. I might tackle the skirting today.

Oh, and here's the project that kept me up until 4am on Thursday:

The first three squares

Kureyon. Log. Cabin. Blanket. Whoo! My plan is to do 20 squares (all different colorways), but I might add more if it's not big enough. I don't think I'll be knitting much else for a while :)