Monday, February 27

Ils sont finis!


They're DONE!
I'll say it again - I love the fit of these socks! It's a bit of a struggle to get them on and off, but once they're on it's a dream. You'll notice that they don't quite match up, despite my best efforts. Sigh. I can live with that. The Vesper sock yarn is nice to work with, too - I have another skein of it in Algae sitting in the stash. But I'm not sure if I'm going to buy any more of it in the future. Once I start dyeing I'll just make some of my own!

This weekend I went out to Easthampton to see Brian, and we went to Webs!
I'd been sitting on a $50 gift certificate since September and I finally used it. With that and their awesome discounts, I ended up paying only $40 for $120 of yarn! That feels goooood. Anyway, here's the yarn haul:

Jo Sharp DK Wool in Oak (910) and Porcelain (349) for Eunny's deep-V argyle vest. I can't wait to start this one.

Dale Sisik in color 166 for wristwarmers/convertible gloves for Brian.

And the biggest purchase, 13 skeins of Frog Tree Alpaca sport in colors 37 and 96 for the infamous Union Square Market Pullover.

I also picked up some Inox DPNs in sizes 0 and 8 for upcoming projects (Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks for Brian, and to finish the sleeves on my striped raglan - perhaps that will be the next thing I tackle).

This weekend we watched Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. How precious was this movie? I think I squealed every time a bunny came on the screen... which happened frequently. We took many many screenshots, but I love this one the most. I gave this movie five stars for pure enjoyment.

Coming up next: hand-dyed wonderfulness from Furryarns! The box is waiting for me at the office, so I'll take pictures when I get home today. And tonight I'm watching Mysterious Skin.